From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Interest Check: Dynamic config files for portage
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:55:57
1 This is the reason that ufed has become so popular, and I think
2 necessary - the complexity is getting too much. Would a ufed like
3 utility for make.conf be a better approach? I am not so keen on
4 spawning a number of small bit files for a make.cond.d as that does not
5 fix the managebility issue - you will have to edit many files in turn,
6 instead of just one file every time.
7
8 BillK
9