From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo for production servers.
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:36:57
1 Don Seiler wrote:
2 > I've mentioned this before but Oracle also only officially supports SUSE
3 > and RHAS. Mainly because of the less "variable" (I suppose one could
4 > say "fluid") nature of those distros. I can definitely see that point
5 > of view.
6 >
7 > So, regardless of Gartner's past FUD, this isn't a totally wacky notion.
8
9 But if you are going to spend the money required for Oracle, then you
10 should spend the money it takes to run a distribution that guarantees
11 support for Oracle.
12
13 If price is an issue, there are OSS alternatives..
14
15 Cheers!
18 Corey Shields - Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team
19 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list