From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:22:13
1 On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 10:05 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > >> With an overlay: search sunrice.gentoo.org for the package (no, I don't
4 > >> know category/name), sync that directory (no, I'm not syncing the whole
5 > >> sunrice tree), check it over, note some mistakes, compile it if I feel
6 > >> OK with it, it fails, I fix it - and what then? Where do I discuss the
7 > >> problems? How do I get my fixes to other users, considering the package
8 > >> is devless and the b.g.o bug is out of date? If I open a b.g.o bug, will
9 > >> it be read?
10 >
11 > If the overlay were using a decent distributed SCM, you would get your
12 > fixes to users by posting your repository and requesting that it be
13 > merged in. I was under the impression that all ebuilds in this overlay
14 > would already have an associated bug for discussion.
15
16 Initially, yes. What happens once the user gets complete access to the
17 repository, though? Are we going to be keeping people from adding
18 packages without bugs?
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
23 x86 Architecture Team