From: kn@××××××××××.dk
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Security guidelines for Gentoo
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:10:51
1 > Yes, that's true. First I think it is a great idea to write a securing
2 > gentoo manual. However most users start with a default installation so
3 > any potential security considerations with it could be added to the
4 > manual. Are you trying to make the manual gentoo specific or include
5 > more general things as well?
6 >
7 Well .. A little bit of both .. its going to be gentoo specific but it will
8 also include chapters like security polices, backup and intrusion detection
9 since I think new linux users should be aware of this .. I know that Gentoo
10 is proberly not used by new linux users (But they should since they can
11 learn a lot) but still think it should be there .. not mutch but proberly
12 some links and information why it's needed
13
14 Best regards
15 Kim