From: Einar Karttunen <ekarttun@×××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Security guidelines for Gentoo
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:05:17
1 On 14.03.02 10:46 +0100(+0000), kn@××××××××××.dk wrote:
2 > > On 14.03.02 10:11 +0100(+0000), kn@××××××××××.dk wrote:
3 > [SNIP]
4 >
5 > I'm not talking about the default installation .. I think it great .. I just
6 > wanted to document how to make it more secure .. per default Gentoo is mutch
7 > more secure than other linux distributions because if you have any ports
8 > listning its because you installed it ..
11 Yes, that's true. First I think it is a great idea to write a securing gentoo
12 manual. However most users start with a default installation so any potential
13 security considerations with it could be added to the manual. Are you trying
14 to make the manual gentoo specific or include more general things as well?
15
16 - Einar Karttunen