From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Rebooting the Installer Project
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:57:29
1 On 07/21/2015 06:08 PM, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 09:10:52 -0500 J.Rutkowski wrote:
3 >> The problem I have with using Sabayon to ultimately install Gentoo is it
4 >> takes way too much work than just doing a Gentoo install...
5 >
6 > You missed my point. I'm interesting not in minimizing total time
7 > spent for installation and configuration. I'm interested in fast
8 > bootstrapping from "here your box" to "you need to have this work
9 > done". Of course proper configuration and fine tuning will require
10 > time, but this should be done later, not right away.
14 Calculate Linux [1] is a good idea. It is fully compatible with Gentoo
15 and creates no additional pain with updates, but gives you fully working
16 system at the very beginning.
17
18 [1] http://www.calculate-linux.org/
21 Jauhien