From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] propose: remove themes from portage
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:48:13
1 Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o> writes:
2
3 [ ... ]
4
5 > Some would wonder why themes are even in portage at all.
6
7 for my part I like having themes in portage, especially considering
8 how annoying some installations can be -- gnome-related stuff comes
9 mind, with engines and what have you not. redistribution of
10 copyrighted material is, however, not a good thing.
11
12 as for nudity and similar issues, I'm inclined to say "noone makes
13 you install it", at the same level as noone makes you watch
14 Baywatch.
15
16 but, stuff with possible legal issues are a bad thing. of course,
17 the fact that we're dealing with repositories all over the world
18 where laws vary quite a bit, well... sigh.
21 Terje
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list