From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Compiling?
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:20:32
1 On Friday 05 November 2004 09:53, Kaspars wrote:
2 > I want to compile programm for another pc, what have faster cpu, how
3 > to make compile for another pc? Just edit /etc/make.conf file with
4 > another pc options? or something more compile is looking when it do its
5 > work?
6 Are you on the same arch? (x86 I suppose?)
7 Then just give corresponding C[XX]FLAGS and other parameters you want in
8 command line (standard way, before emerge command in the same line) and give
9 --buildpkgonly option to emerge. Then move the tbz2 file you get to the
10 destination systems and emerge --usepkg it there...
11
12 If that's a different arch then you may try also specifying CHOST and CCHOST
13 in command line. However this will not work for majority of packages
14 (although it might for a few rare and small, most likely not the ones you
15 want :)).
16
17 Also, please post such questions to gentoo-user mailing list. Besides you will
18 get a more detailed answer there.
19
20 George
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list