From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:10:29
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:04:45 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > >> It will be available once you trigger again the generation or if
4 > >> you put a normal ebuild with such name.
5 > >
6 > > And what triggers said generation?
7 >
8 > I already replied in this thread, I guess the information is getting
9 > too spread (and will be a pain put it back to the glep) =/
10 >
11 > dev-zero pointed out that he would like to trigger the generation on
12 > a timely basis, I wanted to trigger it on the sync event, others had
13 > other opinion, so the best would be have it as separate phase and
14 > trigger it from the maint application.
15
16 And none of those are even close to a reasonable, implementable idea.
17
18 I'm getting the impression you really didn't think this through at all
19 before mailing your proposal. I suggest you go back to the start, work
20 out use cases, package manager interactions, how if at all ebuilds will
21 need to be adapted and several examples. There's a big difference
22 between a few vague ideas and the foundations for an implementable
23 proposal.
26 Ciaran McCreesh