From: Rob Cakebread <pythonhead@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New GLEP draft: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:32:23
1 Christian Hartmann wrote:
2
3 > Feedback is highly appreciated.
6 Feedback:
7
8 I think the first sentence should say "staff" rather than "developer":
9
10 "Global moderators and site admins should also go through the mentoring
11 process and become official Gentoo developers."
12
13 Overall it sounds like a good idea as far as QA goes. I think this will
14 be your biggest obstacle:
15
16 "Recent events such as the election of trustees or the new metastructure
17 poll are effectively affecting the forums, so the wish to be part of the
18 decision as an equal member is present among the moderators."
19
20 How exactly did recent voting affect the forums and why should
21 Foundation members vote to give you voting rights because of what is
22 affecting the forums? (Assuming Foundation members would have to
23 vote to change who can vote).
24
25 Its arguable that moderators being non-staff is a good thing because its
26 non-staff essentially censoring and deleting other non-staff in the
27 forums, so make a good case ;)
28
29 "Forums don't really seem to fit into one of the current categories as
30 they are related to the infrastructure and the documentation project. We
31 suggest putting it in the other category or making a separate one for
32 the forums."
33
34 Seems like you'd fit perfectly under User Relations, wherever they fall
35 under the toplevel project structure.
38 Rob Cakebread
39 Gentoo Linux Developer
40 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x96BA679B
41 Key fingerprint = 5E1A 57A0 0FA6 939D 3258 8369 81C5 A17B 96BA 679B
42 --
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list