From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:46:56
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:25:08 +0100
2 "George Prowse" <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Why risk anything by changing the tree to suit the package?
5
6 We're not risking anything, except upsetting a few people. We're not
7 changing anything either, just adding a few files.
8
9 > It just
10 > seems like asking for trouble. The overlay ability is there for a
11 > reason.
12
13 Yes, to work around a lack of multiple repository support. It's not
14 there to try to mix profiles between repositories.
15
16 > Paludis isn't being used and should be kept out of the sphere
17 > of users use until it is usable, wont break systems and is
18 > trustworthy enough to be near the tree
19
20 It is, it is, it won't unless the user screws up (as with, say,
21 Portage), and it is.
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list