From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rejecting unsigned commits
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:05:25
1 On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 05:59:45PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > is there any reason we should allow people to commit unsigned
3 > Manifest's anymore ? generating/posting/enabling a gpg key is
4 > ridiculously easy and there's really no excuse for a dev to not have
5 > done this already.
6 >
7 > when i look at the tree, the signed stats are stupid low:
8 > $ find *-* -maxdepth 2 -name Manifest | wc -l
10 > $ find *-* -maxdepth 2 -name Manifest -exec grep -l 'BEGIN PGP
11 > SIGNATURE' {} + | wc -l
14 > this is especially important for the people doing arch keywording
15 > since they make a ton of commits. i'm looking at you armin76.
16 > -mike
17 >
18 Yes, I recall a similar thread in the past but I can't find it. Whilst I
19 am always signing my commits I can't really see a good argument on why
20 we should/should not do it.
21
22 Regards,
23 --
24 Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2