From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/matplotlib needs a real maintainer
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:55:17
1 On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi Mike,
3 >
4 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 >> This is a fairly fragile/complex package, and it is specialized enough
7 >> that I don't think it belongs under the purview of the Gentoo Python
8 >> team.
9 >>
10 >> If you are interested in this package and want to maintain it, please
11 >> feel free. I will be dropping it to maintainer-needed otherwise.
12 >
13 > I am a daily user of matplotlib for scientific work. Feel free to
14 > assign it to the science project. I will be happy to be its maintainer.
15 >
16 > I will make a move on July 1.
17
18 Thanks for volunteering. I have added the science project as the
19 primary maintainer, and will update the open bug reports shortly.