From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
Cc: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 26 -- Handling kernels with portage
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 06:06:01
1 On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 07:40 +0200, John Nilsson wrote:
2 > > "yes | make oldconfig".
3 >
4 > This seems like a stupid thing to do.
5 > CONFIG_UNSTABLE_PANIC_ON_BOOT=y
6 > CONFIG_FILESYSTEM_DESTRUCTION=y
7
8 I think it actually does "yes 'n' | make oldconfig".
9
10 > How would this system update the bootmgr?
11 I purposely left this out of the GLEP as it is would be a much more hot
12 topic. At this point, bootmgrs would not be updated. However, we will
13 be writing a script to scan for kernel/initrd's and adding them to the
14 boogmgr for the GentooInstaller project.
15
16 Nathaniel
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list