From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] lua.eclass
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 11:20:09
1 Dnia 20 lipca 2016 15:36:20 CEST, "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name> napisał(a):
2 >Hi there!
3 >
4 >I've done (actualy, long time ago) lua.eclass to ease maintenance of
5 >dev-lua
6 >packages in a way of dev-ruby and dev-python packages (including
7 >TARGETS and
8 >so).
9 >
10 >All ebuilds in lua overlay is already ported to it (in basic way),
11 >although I
12 >recently added GITHUB_* and BITBUCKET_* magic (like rubygems and perl
13 >CPAN
14 >magic), and still not finished porting ebuilds to it (although, I maybe
15 >finish
16 >it until tonight).
17 >
18 >So, I posting it to review and comments. And to ask your opinion about
19 >it's
20 >inclusion in the tree.
21 >
22 >P.S. after few days (depends on comments in this thread) it may differ
23 >from
24 >up-to-date version in overlay.
25
26 I'm going to review it in more detail when I am able to. However, from a quick glance -- please don't commit it. It requires a lot of work. In fact, it is the worst idea since base.eclass, and it looks like base.eclass reinvented tenfold.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny (by phone)