From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: ray@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding Gentoo to our list of supported Distributions
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:57:02
1 On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 11:23, Ray Sanders wrote:
2 > To whom it may concern,
6 > We are a linux systems vendor based in Moline, Illinois. Last year we
7 > took over the operations at Tuxtops, and we've also had our "Advanced
8 > Multimedia" System featured in Linux Magazine and other publications.
9 >
10 > We specialize in Linux desktop, mobile and clustering/server systems.
11 >
12 > We are interested in adding Gentoo Linux to our list of "Supported"
13 > distributions. Most of us here are big Slack fans, so the concept of
14 > your distribution makes us happy.
15 >
16 > We'd like to work in some sort of an arrangement where we can cross
17 > promote each others efforts, possibly through a joint press release or
18 > information on our respective web sites.
19 >
20 > We would also like to offer you a contribution in exchange for each
21 > system we install Gentoo on. We of course would provide the end user
22 > support for our customers.
23 >
24 > Please reply back with thoughts on this arrangement or other ideas you
25 > may have.
28 > Thank you in advance.
29
30 We'd love to do this starting with Gentoo Linux 1.0, to be released in
31 March. It looks like you have some nice systems with nice hardware,
32 too. I've been thinking of getting a couple of those Lian Li aluminum
33 cases myself and we just installed a VXA-1 into the gentoo.org server.
34
35 Email me privately at drobbins@g.o and we can discuss this
36 further.
37