From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 10:08:24
1 On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 11:48 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Hans de Graaff kirjoitti:
3 > >
4 > > What I would like to happen is that the message is added to the tree
5 > > once, shown to users who have dev-ruby/radiant in testing immediately,
6 > > and only shown to other users of dev-ruby/radiant when they move radiant
7 > > to testing or radiant itself becomes stable for them. I don't see a
8 > > mechanism to avoid this with the current GLEP, but perhaps I overlooked
9 > > something? I guess this is what the Display-If-Upgrading-From-To: that
10 > > Ciaran mentioned would do, but I'm wondering if GLEP 42 makes any sense
11 > > without it.
14 > I guess we need a Display-If-Not-Masked: header.
15
16 I'm not sure what this header would do since you don't describe that,
17 but from the sound of it I'm not sure if this will help. The masking
18 isn't the problem by itself, but it makes that people will need to see
19 this message at different times, depending on when the package goes
20 stable and depending on what people do with their own package.keywords
21 file.
22
23 What I would like to happen from a user perspective is that the user is
24 presented with this particular news item whenever he would upgrade to
25 the new version of Radiant with 'emerge -D'.
26
27 Kind regards,
28
29 Hans