From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:08:07
1 I agree.
2 Only things that can ONLY be used with the Gentoo Linux distribution
3 should have gentoo- names.
4 Things related to portage should have portage names (e-prefix seems to
5 be the standard).
6 Gentoo-originated tools usable in non gentoo/portage environments should
7 just be left alone... mabey they could be named acording to some related
8 package...
9
10 -John