From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Textrels in packages policy
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:19:03
1 On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:02:27 -0500 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | You are working on a policy, or just docs to explain the issues?
4 | From what was listed above, I'm not sure why we should require that
5 | people fix these issues just to have a package deemed stable.
6
7 Some people want no TEXTRELs to be a requirement because they're
8 superstitious, or because they read somewhere that TEXTRELs are
9 naughty and are repeating the conclusion without understanding the
10 underlying reasons. It's approximately on par with trying to ban all
11 code that uses 'goto' because it breaks certain security auditing
12 tools that rely upon call graphs.
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm