From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:06:46
1 > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
2 > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
3 > Gentoo dev list to see.
4
5 I would like to request the council discuss, though not necessarily take action or
6 vote on, the idea of "slacker arches" and what ebuild maintainers are allowed/can do
7 to a package versions that are languishing due to not getting stable keywords on
8 those arches.
9
10 I'm not trying to pick on any specific case, but I am hoping to find out if there's
11 an allowable/acceptable period of time to which if an arch team is unable to
12 stabilize a package to a newer version, for non-technical reasons, that it's okay to
13 drop older unstable ebuilds.
14
15 I realize this is open to lots of debate and dicussion, and I'm just trying to have
16 a dialogue as to what is acceptable and hopefully get concensus as to some kind of
17 guidance that could be added to the devmanual.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Caleb
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list