From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DB vs SCM (was Re: [RFC] Some sync control)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:04:17
1 On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:11:07 +0000
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Since this is a different question which got buried in the other
7 > discussion, I appreciate it should be a new thread:
8 >
9 > I'm a bit confused about all the portage tree stuff. There's just
10 > under 25,000 ebuilds, which are maintained by about 100 devs (not
11 > sure of exact number, taken from a forum post.) I guess what I'm
12 > asking is why this isn't just a database.
13
14 Please define "database".
15
16 Marius
21 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
22 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.