From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilisation exceptions
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:49:06
1 On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:31:20 +0100
3 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> over the course of the years the x86 (and other architectures as well)
8 >> has given away permissions to maintainers/teams to mark packages
9 >> stable themselves.  As there never was a definitive list what
10 >> exceptions exist, I compiled a list of the ones I could get from the
11 >> top of my head in [1].  Please yell if you have those
12 >> permissions so I can complete the list for reference purposes.
13 >>
14 >> V-Li
15 >>
16 >> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/x86/exceptions.xml
17 >
18 > sys-libs/timezone-data
19 > most of app-doc (ie. anything installing just docs or text)
20 >
21 > I'd also like permission to stabilize fonts ourselves once they've cleared
22 > amd64 and x86.
25 > --
26 > fonts, gcc-porting,                  it makes no sense how it makes no sense
27 > toolchain, wxwidgets                           but i'll take it free anytime
28 > @ gentoo.org                EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662
31 Yeah, do whatever you want for Alpha and MIPS. I doubt anyone is going
32 to have any problems for any other architectures either.
33
34 Matt