From: "Damon M. Conway" <damon@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Customize a ebuild before compiling
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:39:26
1 Hendrik Visage wrote:
2 >Even worse, I'd like to build a special version of gtk (thumb sucking),
3 >and wish everything from then on to make use of this version.
4
5 Do what I do. Munge the ebuild to use what you want it to use. It's just
6 a bash script, and (in general) executes configure just like any user
7 would. Add your options, and merge it.
8
9 Right now, I think there are more important things to focus on than trying
10 to handle special cases. Let's hit the 90% mark, and worry about the last
11 10% when we have a working stable system.
12
13 throwing pennies,
14 Damon/kabau
17 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
18 would also stop you from doing clever things." --Doug Gwyn