From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:12:24
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM, <gmt@×××××.us> wrote:
2 > Am I the only one who feels that trolling, abuse, and so forth, are largely
3 > in the eye of the beholder, and that lively, impassioned, constructive
4 > debate may seem to many readers like hyperbole and ad hominem attack?
5
6 Hence my comment that this is a bit of a sledgehammer approach. I
7 really wouldn't want to see "current head of devrel becomes judge,
8 jury, and executioner" as a long-term strategy. However, the status
9 quo is not acceptable either.
10
11 He did say he was working on long-term proposals, and I think we ought
12 to at least let him offer his suggestions before we jump down his
13 throat. If things get out of hand as a community I'm sure we'll deal
14 with it, but the pendulum is far to the opposite side right now.
15
16 The fact is that we already trust every Gentoo dev with the equivalent
17 of root on our systems, so I think we can give Markos the benefit of
18 the doubt when he aims to reform Devrel.
19
20 Rich