From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] handbook feedback
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:42:51
1 On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 10:03:23AM +0100, Philippe Lafoucriere wrote:
2 > I'm installing (after a hdd crash) gentoo on my laptop (from a 2.6
3 > livecd). It works pretty well (currently compiling kernel 2.6.1-rc1). I
4 > used the new hand book to install, and it's very complete. Maybe too
5 > complete.... There's a LOT of info at each step, and it's painful to
6 > retreive the right info to use. I really don't need the ppc, alpha, etc
7 > parts. I hope I didn't zap a part of the install because of that.
8 > It would be great to have some collapsed titles, we could ony expand the
9 > right paragraphs (and keep ppc, alpha, etc. part hidden).
10
11 Normally you should be guided through all the relevant parts without having
12 to resort to finding out if a section is or is not applicable for you
13 (especially architecture-wise).
14
15 Our current stylesheets and source code doesn't allow for collapsing titles.
16
17 Also see http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml#doc_chap4_sect2
18
19 Wkr,