From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata.xml GLEP for review
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 19:38:03
1 On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Therefore, I've been slowly writing a proper GLEP that would describe
3 > all of metadata.xml in detail. Here's the current draft for review:
4
5 Sounds like a good idea!
6
7 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:MGorny/GLEP:68
8
9 I reviewed your spec based on my experience from trying to create a
10 RELAX NG schema for all metadata.xml files that were in the tree at
11 the time. I assume you've also validated your spec against what's
12 actually being used? I have a few questions:
13
14 - I had the upstream maintainer's email element pegged as mandatory.
15 Don't you think that makes sense? A name-only maintainer element seems
16 relatively low-value to me.
17 - You list a number of the upstream child elements (changelog, doc,
18 bug-to) as "zero or more". Doesn't it make sense to make (some of)
19 these zero or one?
20
21 Cheers,
22