From: Rob Cakebread <pythonhead@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python setuptools/eggs
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:47:51
1 Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > It seems that alot of python projects are starting to use
4 > setuptools/easy_install/eggs, and granted, it is quite neat, but there
5 > needs to figured out a way to handle installing these things through
6 > Portage, or alot of new versions are going to be a pain to have
7 > installed.
8 >
9 > How should Portage handle this?
12 I've been working on an eclass for these but its not ready.
13 I was hoping it'd be as easy as the Ruby gems eclass, because
14 they are similar, but eggs don't play nicely in a sandbox yet.
15
16 You're probably best off using the straight source for TurboGears
17 and its dependencies if you want to install via ebuild for now.
18
19 Mail me off-list or join #gentoo-python if you're interested
20 in working on the easy_install eclass, please.
25 Rob Cakebread
26 Gentoo Linux Developer
27 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x96BA679B
28 Key fingerprint = 5E1A 57A0 0FA6 939D 3258 8369 81C5 A17B 96BA 679B
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list