From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving more arches to dev profiles
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:39:37
1 Jeroen Roovers schrieb:
2 > Mixing stable and testing is precisely what package
3 > maintainers (hopefully) do when committing new versions: building and
4 > running new software on a known to be stable platform on the premise
5 > that the new software is likely to be merged into the stable branch
6 > (before the platform changes too much).
7
8 At least for x11 maintained packages, we don't support mixing of stable and
9 unstable parts of X in the way that you suggest.
10
11 We don't mind however whether the rest of the system is stable or not.
14 Best regards,
15 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn