From: Kevin Hayes <kjhaze@×××××××.au>
To: ioda 01 <ioda01@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alt install
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:38:17
1 On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:05:43 +0000
2 "ioda 01" <ioda01@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 > i am a little confused i wanna install of a linux partition (rh)i have an
6 > extra partition that is empty ....how do i install do i have to boot off
7 > toms floppy and do the partition and format and then use wget and obtain
8 > stage1
9 > or i could just download the tar on that partition and use fdisk and make
10 > the partition from my redhat box and take it from there
11 > thanx and i apologize for the inconvenince :)
12 > all i am saying i dont have to use parted to create me an empty ;artition
13 > since i already have one or ..... thanx and god bless u keep up the good
14 > work
17 You have the right idea, follow the instructions in install.txt, but
18 make the partition from Redhat, extract the tarball to it, chroot to it
19 etc.
20
21 ---
22 Kevin Hayes