From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr <pr@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: Multiple root kernel command-line arguments
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 12:22:59
1 On Wed, 2020-08-05 at 14:02 +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > please review the news item below:
5 >
6 > - I am not 100% happy with the title but the 50 char limit
7 > doesn't allow any more details.
8
9 Yes, the title doesn't say a thing why would anyone want to read this
10 news item or not.
13 > - No Display-If condition because it is neither a genkernel nor
14 > kexec-tools issue. We maybe even have additional packages
15 > which are appending to kernel command-line I am not aware of.
16
17 Showing this news on all old and new Gentoo systems makes little sense.
18 Either someone is newly affected, then Display-if should determine it,
19 or someone is *not* newly affected, then you're either telling him
20 something he already knows or something that is of little value to him.
21
22 News items should be precisely this -- news. Not random pieces of
23 information you've just discovered and want to share with everyone.
24 This is what documentation is about, and it should be in some kernel-
25 related piece of documentation (handbook?) and not scattered around
26 in news items.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny