From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 17:30:22
1 On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 09:08:42 -0500
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday, December 2, 2016 2:10:27 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Hi, everyone.
6 > >
7 > > I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
8 > > started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
9 > > that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
10 >
11 > Did any of the tinderboxes test all the various USE flag combinations or just
12 > the defaults?
13 >
14 > Automating builds has always been questionable to me due to the USE flag issue.
15 > I have things auto-building, but it just runs with what ever the USE defaults
16 > are at the time. In addition to any I have set. I have cron email me emerge
17 > output so I can review use flags. But that doesn't really fit into the automated
18 > building aspect.
19 >
20 > Like if a new use flag is added I may want to enable but is not by default.
21 > Automation doesn't really help there without a human making the call to add
22 > new USE flag or not.
23
24 I'm sorry but you are going off-topic here. I'm trying to gather
25 information on any of the existing works. It's not yet time to
26 discuss hypothetical problems with how they operate.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny
31 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>