From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 14:08:52
1 On Friday, December 2, 2016 2:10:27 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
5 > started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
6 > that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
7
8 Did any of the tinderboxes test all the various USE flag combinations or just
9 the defaults?
10
11 Automating builds has always been questionable to me due to the USE flag issue.
12 I have things auto-building, but it just runs with what ever the USE defaults
13 are at the time. In addition to any I have set. I have cron email me emerge
14 output so I can review use flags. But that doesn't really fit into the automated
15 building aspect.
16
17 Like if a new use flag is added I may want to enable but is not by default.
18 Automation doesn't really help there without a human making the call to add
19 new USE flag or not.
22 William L. Thomson Jr.