From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Pre-GLEP RFC: Automated enforcing of REQUIRED_USE constraints
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 21:56:12
1 On 07/08/2017 11:31 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Nobody said anything about the next EAPI. The GLEP doesn't say a word
3 > about introducing it in a future EAPI.
4 >
5 > We're adding this as an optional (default off) FEATURE into Portage
6 > and we'll see how it works. As far as I'm concerned, we can enable it
7 > for all EAPIs without touching PMS at all.
8
9 With that in mind, does it really need a GLEP? Isn't this something that
10 can be done within the package manager as a feature anyways without
11 mandating changes?
12
13 If anything it seems like it'd be an informational GLEP and not a
14 standards track if going down that route.
17 Kristian Fiskerstrand
18 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
19 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3