From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Moving project pages to wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:53:12
1 On 16.06.2013 06:01, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 6/9/13 7:22 AM, Alex Legler wrote:
3 >> I'd appreciate some input on below plan to move project pages to the Wiki:
4 >
5 > Alex, thanks for working on this! Some feedback:
6 >
7 > 1. How will the project pages be protected against "unwanted" edits? I
8 > think it's valuable to have some official pages where you know only
9 > Gentoo devs can edit them.
10
11 The Project: namespace is restricted to only allow users in the
12 developer group to edit.
15 > 2. How will the staffing needs page be updated after dropping gorg?
16
17 You create a subpage for each staffing need, filling in information
18 using a form. Semantic magic aggregates these, and you'll get a template
19 to include for your project page to list the ones for your project
20 specifically.
23 > 3. How secure is the wiki? Do we have regular backups and security
24 > updates procedures in place? I know you're member of the security team
25 > and infra team is doing its job well, but I just wanted to check.
26 > Dynamic web applications arguably have bigger attack surface than
27 > effectively a bunch of static files only editable after you gain server
28 > access.
29
30 It's part of the usual infra backup, and I follow upstream release
31 announcements and update accordingly.
34 > Paweł
40 Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
41 Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure