From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:31:18
1 W dniu czw, 22.03.2018 o godzinie 22∶52 +0000, użytkownik Geaaru
2 napisał:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > a bit out of topic (sorry in advance) but connect to eventually new portage
6 > feature...
7 >
8 > for both portage and your fork I think that could be interesting add an
9 > extension to PMS for define inside profiles or targets masking of packages
10 > of a particular repslository. Currently PMS doesn't permit this but have
11 > this feature could be help users to define our profiles under overlays.
12 >
13 > Something like this:
14 >
15 > sys-devel/gcc::gentoo
16 >
17 > Currently this is permitted only under /etc/portage but for distro based of
18 > gentoo or others use cases share our profiles directly under overlay could
19 > permit an easy and elegant way to share our customizations.
20 >
21 > Unlucky this break specifications but I think that could be a fine new
22 > feature.
23 >
24 > wdyt?
25
26 Nope. Diverging from the specification is entirely against the goal
27 of this fork. However, if mainline Portage supports that in non-spec-
28 breaking fashion, I'm going to merge it.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny