From: Geaaru <geaaru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:52:55
1 Hi,
2
3 a bit out of topic (sorry in advance) but connect to eventually new portage
4 feature...
5
6 for both portage and your fork I think that could be interesting add an
7 extension to PMS for define inside profiles or targets masking of packages
8 of a particular repslository. Currently PMS doesn't permit this but have
9 this feature could be help users to define our profiles under overlays.
10
11 Something like this:
12
13 sys-devel/gcc::gentoo
14
15 Currently this is permitted only under /etc/portage but for distro based of
16 gentoo or others use cases share our profiles directly under overlay could
17 permit an easy and elegant way to share our customizations.
18
19 Unlucky this break specifications but I think that could be a fine new
20 feature.
21
22 wdyt?
23