From: Owen Gunden <ogunden@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Interest Check: Dynamic config files for portage
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:04:59
1 On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:36:23AM -0400, Kumba wrote:
2 > On the other hand, perhaps some small changes could be made. I do think
3 > the USE variable is just pointless. There are *way* too many use flags,
4 > and setting these manually in make.conf is self-defeating. Better to
5 > train people to make use of "ufed" to set the USE settings, and keep
6 > that file separate from make.conf, say /etc/env.d/useflags.
7
8 This reminds me--is ufed included on the installation CD yet? When you
9 first build your system is the time when you most need to customize your
10 USE variables, but ufed is not available! At least, it wasn't the last
11 time I installed (I believe I used rc 4). When it gets included, it should
12 be made-note-of in the install docs as well.
13
14 Owen
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list