From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ncurses-5.9 -> ncurses-6.0 step-by-step?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 04:58:21
1 On 14 Dec 2015 02:14, Joshua Kinard wrote:
2 > I might've missed it, but do we have a step-by-step procedure to take a rootfs
3 > that uses ncurses-5.9 and upgrade it to ncurses-6.0 WITHOUT breaking anything?
4 > I, like others, ran into the problem of emerge yanking libncurses.so.5 libs
5 > out when upgrading to ncurses-6.0, which broke bash and a few other packages.
6
7 portage should preserve needed libraries. if it doesn't, file a bug.
8 -mike