From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans against Ubuntu edge
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:50:23
1 On 8/12/13 10:21 PM, heroxbd wrote:
2 > As a natual consequence of the on-going Google Summer of Code project,
3 > Gentoo on Android[3], we can run native Gentoo on *all* the Android
4 > devices. Compiling out an Xorg and output to HDMI has no theoretical
5 > difficulty. Furthermore, sharing of graphic output with Android (instead
6 > of a separate HDMI output) can be explored with wayland x11[4].
7
8 Sounds good. Note that it doesn't need to be set up as "against
9 Canonical". Just do the best thing for the users.
10
11 > I would like to kick out a sub-project of Gentoo targeting smartphone
12 > and tablets. It would be nice to find out a solution based on Gentoo for
13 > desktop/smartphone hybrid *before* Canonical's release.
14
15 Everybody can create a sub-project, and I'm happy to see this kind of
16 project appearing in Gentoo.
17
18 I'd recommend focusing on creating a good, compelling experience, not
19 just pushing out something before Canonical. :)
20
21 Paweł