From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: xdg and xdg-utils as a replacement for fdo-mime
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:40:33
1 Le mercredi 10 juin 2015 à 11:04 -0400, Mike Gilbert a écrit :
2 > On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue <
3 > eva@g.o> wrote:
4 > > This is an attempt to fix bug #208047 [1] and bug #444568 [2]
5 > >
6 > > Current fdo-mime eclass is often not used when it should be. I
7 > > suppose
8 > > this is partly because one has to think too much about whether it
9 > > is
10 > > needed or not and what to do with the functions.
11 > >
12 > > The proposed solution is to not have to worry about it and just
13 > > inherit
14 > > it when you have any kind of XDG specifications support and let the
15 > > exported phases do their job in a similar fashion to the gnome
16 > > eclasses.
17 > >
18 > > For now, this covers .desktop and shared mime-info files and
19 > > creating
20 > > base directory for packages that rely on it one way or another.
21 > >
22 > > This helps solve problems like bug #545128 [3] and others that have
23 > > been covered by previous work resulting in gnome2_environment_reset
24 > > function and similar in other eclasses (cmake-utils, gstreamer,
25 > > kde4
26 > > -base, mono, mono-env, qt4-*).
27 >
28 > > xdg_desktopfiles_savelist() {
29 > > pushd "${D}" &> /dev/null
30 > > export XDG_ECLASS_DESKTOPFILES=$(find 'usr/share/applications'
31 > > -type f 2> /dev/null)
32 > > popd &> /dev/null
33 > > }
34 >
35 > Why are you sending stderr from pushd/popd to /dev/null? If they
36 > fail,
37 > we want to see that in the log. As well, they should probably die, or
38 > at least return from the function with a non-zero status.
39 >
40 > This may also need some adjusting to work on prefix, but I will leave
41 > that for someone else to figure out.
42
43 This is blind copy-paste from gnome2-utils functions, I will clean that
44 out.
48 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
49 Gentoo