From: Andy Kittner <andkit@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.1: Stabilization and news item
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:28:30
1 On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 06:23:03AM +1300, Alistair Bush wrote:
2 > [...]
3 >
4 >Guys you should remember that we like to call gentoo a metadistribution [1].
5 >Our users should be taking an active role in the maintenance of the own distro
6 > [...]
7
8 As a user I have to thank you very much for this statement. These are
9 exactly my thoughts whenever these lengthy discussions about changing
10 some default setting crop up. The main reason I love gentoo is because
11 it makes it easy to have everything my way. (Un)masking something is as
12 simple as adding one line in /etc/portage/package.(un)mask, so I only
13 marginally care about whether something is stable, testing or even
14 package masked.
15
16 As a side remark to all those who argue themselves to death in the
17 "cups useflag in default profile" thread: The same applies to disabling
18 and enabling useflags ;)
19
20 Well I guess I should go back into hiding now.
21
22 Regards,
23 Andy