From: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:48:52
1 Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato schrieb:
3 >> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >>> The point is to make pkgcore a better package manager by getting the
5 >>> developers to do some basic testing. We're not talking some obscure,
6 >>> weird bug here. We're talking a really obvious, major screwup that a
7 >>> couple of quick unit tests would catch straight away.
8 >>
9 >> No, you aren't talking, you are babbling about undefined flaws that
10 >> nobody can evaluate, for which you aren't providing a way to
11 >> reproduce it and possibly doesn't exist.
12 >>
13 >> lu
14 >>
15 > So in your opinion, the pkgcore maintainers should just say "Screw it,
16 > it was just Ciaran who said that." and move on?
17 No, it's just unsubstantiated rumors. As such they are irrelevant until
18 some kind of proof is shown.
19 >
20 > Why is "Create tests for EAPI=1 stuff." not a way to describe how to
21 > reproduce a problem?
22 It is too generic and doesn't even describe the class of bug. By the
23 same rationale portage and paludis have multiple bugs ...
24 >
25 > Talking away problems, now that is a way to handle QA.
26 So, could anyone just actually mention what the problem is, or is the
27 hivemind not able to express such a simple thing?
28
29 Just think of the thousands of emails, being read by hundreds of
30 readers, that have cost so much time ... in that time you could have
31 written a patch and a bugreport.
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list