From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: where goes Gentoo?
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:48:01
1 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
2 > On Friday 05 August 2005 11:07, Brian Harring wrote:
3 >
4 >>Might be better stating what's needed...
5 >>A) people know what they're inadvertantly getting themselves into
6 >
7 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~jaervosz/glep19.html
10 >>B) something might be bloody simple to somebody, and they pick it off
11 >> when they may not have been willing to take the time and poke and
12 >> find out what's up
13 >>C) alternatives might be proposed...
14 >
15 > Of course, but lets see if we can implement something first, otherwise we'll
16 > continue arguing alternatives every ~6 months and never really do anything.
17 >
18 > Last time around we at least got a bit going, though admittedly not much.
19
20 Yeah, we started to get somewhere with it, but then some of us got
21 caught up in being busier in real life or other things popped up. But I
22 agree here that we just have to start with something and see where it
23 goes. Too many times have things been debated and nothing ever
24 done/tried. I also tend to agree with Chris that to do it completely
25 right would require a small fork that would work together with Gentoo on
26 archiving its goals.
27
28 It would be nice to come up with a solution without forking, but I just
29 don't see how it'd be possible and keep things as they should in an
30 enterprise realm. Things are starting to settle down for me again and I
31 would like to jumpstart this project again.
34 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
35 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
36
37 ---
38 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
39 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
40
41 ramereth/irc.freenode.net