From: Daniel Goller <morfic@g.o>
To: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: emerge suggestions
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:59:46
1 rather than --pretend, why not use simply 'genlop -t gcc' and see how
2 much time gcc TOOK to compile
3 s/gcc/any_package/
4
5 isn't that and the pipe with --pretend more than enough info already?
6
7 Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
8
9 >On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 01:46:45 +0200
10 >Heiko Wundram <heikowu@×××××.de> wrote:
14 >>I don't know when this proposal came up, I read about it on some
15 >>forum, some time ago.
19 >That's also an idea that I've seen several times (here and in
20 >forums). I've found this in archives:
21 >http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/10528
22 >There are in this thread some valid points (USE flags mainly) that
23 >show how difficult and time consuming this idea would be to
24 >actually implement.
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list