From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rsync mirror security
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:25:51
1 On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 >> constantly adds any security to the tree. What might add security for
4 >> end-users is if git automatically checked the push signatures, which
5 >> are the signatures that ensure that branches aren't tampered with
6 >> (which is what rebasing you bring up actually does).
7 >
8 > It is news to me that a signature from a push is also transported to a
9 > subsequent pull request for a client, do you have some external
10 > references for this procedure?
13 They're stored in the tree under the ref refs/push-certs. I have no
14 idea how to go about verifying them - they're pretty new so there
15 aren't a lot of docs. I had no idea they were even there until Robin
16 answered a similar question I asked him.
17
18 git ls-remote for those curious about what other refs are lying around.
21 Rich