From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rsync mirror security
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:53:41
1 > constantly adds any security to the tree. What might add security for
2 > end-users is if git automatically checked the push signatures, which
3 > are the signatures that ensure that branches aren't tampered with
4 > (which is what rebasing you bring up actually does).
5
6 It is news to me that a signature from a push is also transported to a
7 subsequent pull request for a client, do you have some external
8 references for this procedure?
9
10 Regardless of the technical implementation, the fact still remains that
11 with the current git repositories (gentoo and the one populated with
12 metadata from gentoo-mirror) we might have another way of providing
13 a signed and tamper-proof [1] ebuild tree (apart from our daily, signed
14 snapshots).
15
16 Best,
17 Matthias
18
19 [1] At least as long our git infrastructure is not compromised...