From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: *_iface variables in openrc network scripts
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:36:37
1 On 05/12/2011 04:55 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Yeah I know I'm replying to my own message, but I also have another idea
3 > about this. Another option would be that for the next release we just
4 > stop parsing and use config_* but without trying to do any conversions.
5 >
6 > The disadvantage of this would be that people would have to change their
7 > /etc/conf.d/net files immediately after they upgrade or their network
8 > might not come up.
9 >
10 > It is true that this would be easier from a coding perspective, but
11 > would it be ok for the users?
14 The ebuild could try to detect mismatch in syntax and then emerge
15 --config could provide migration. I don't think users will mind as long
16 as they are able to avoid unreachable systems :)
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri