From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: *_iface variables in openrc network scripts
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 01:56:04
1 Yeah I know I'm replying to my own message, but I also have another idea
2 about this. Another option would be that for the next release we just
3 stop parsing and use config_* but without trying to do any conversions.
4
5 The disadvantage of this would be that people would have to change their
6 /etc/conf.d/net files immediately after they upgrade or their network
7 might not come up.
8
9 It is true that this would be easier from a coding perspective, but
10 would it be ok for the users?
11
12 William