From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New GLEP: file installation masks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:48:54
1 On Fri, 20 May 2016 12:15:36 -0400
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 05/20/2016 11:44 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >
6 > > I'd make '@' signify group names, like we do for sets. This would have
7 > > the side limitation that it would make it impossible to filter
8 > > filenames starting with '@' with the currently supported
9 > > path-or-filename syntax.
12 > That may be the best we can do, but in that case it's only fair to
13 > mention the exception in the GLEP. I know you don't want implementation
14 > details in there, but if *nobody* can come up with an implementation
15 > that doesn't invalidate some well-defined paths, then we should
16 > weasel-word the spec so that we don't wind up with zero fully-compliant
17 > package managers =)
18
19 That's not a case since GLEP doesn't define how it is configured.
20 And it's invalid to reference other groups in path=s of a defined
21 group.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny
27 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>