From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New GLEP: file installation masks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 17:34:54
1 On 05/20/2016 12:48 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > That's not a case since GLEP doesn't define how it is configured.
4 > And it's invalid to reference other groups in path=s of a defined
5 > group.
8 I'm just playing language lawyer. The spec does say,
9
10 A Package Manager implementing this specification must provide an
11 ability for user to configure installed path filtering. User must be
12 allowed to at least select well-defined paths.
13
14 But "@bash-completion" is a well-defined path, and if we use the set
15 notation, Portage users can't select it for masking.
16
17 If "/" is made illegal in group names, then I could write
18 "/*@bash-completion" instead. But we would still need to change the
19 wording a bit to acknowledge the fact that some paths are invalid.
20 Something like,
21
22 The package manager may treat some well-defined paths as invalid,
23 as long as an equivalent valid path exists and is accepted.